WMR-G54-2: Wireless Broadband Router BaseStation
Summary of the AirStation WBR-G54 features:
• Wi-Fi™ (Wireless Fidelity) certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance as an 802.11b
device. AirStation will communicate with other IEEE 802.11b/Wi-Fi compliant
wireless LAN products.
• Support for Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA), AES, 802.1x, TKIP and WEP.
• Automatic Transmit Rate Select mechanism transmits at speeds of 24, 12, 11,
5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps.
• Supports turbo mode of 36, 48 and up to 54 Mbps.
• DHCP client/server function.
• Auto roaming, supports seamless roaming over multiple channels.
• Auto VPN setup, for secure communications.
• Packet Filtering for eliminating unwanted communications.
• SOHO/SMB routing and firewall functions provide a safer private networking
environment, including MS NetMeet-ing and MSN-Messenger.
• Additional Firewall Functions - DMZ, intrusion detection and notification
• Syslog transmits some or all system activities to a central Syslog server.
• Extended range, with optional add-on antennas.
• Auto Media Dependent Interface/Crossover (MDI/X) port, allows connection by
standard and crossover CAT5 cables.
Wireless Networks Features
• Enhanced security features:
- Firewall and DMZ zone functions to prevent unknown intruders.
- Intrusion Detector Firewall (NAT) with a pop-up or email alert warning
- Dynamic packet filtering function prevents specified ports being open to WAN
during periods of non use.
- WPA, AES, 802.1x, TKIP and WEP. WEP for protecting data.
- VPN (IPSec, PPTP and L2TP) pass-through
- Packet monitoring and filtering by MAC address, IP address and port.
- PPPoE support
• Buffalo’s easy web interface configuration
• Broadband router static and dynamic routing methods between WAN and LAN based
on updated routing tables.
An economical way to bridge multiple networks.
• Optional external antennas for boosting range and signal quality.
• Improved resistance to environmental conditions
1. WBR-G54 Base Station
2. AC adapter and power cable
3. CAT5 LAN cable
4. Utility CD with Manual
5. Warranty Statement
Dimensions W3 x H6.75 x D6.1in. (76 x 171 x 155mm)
Weight 1 lb. (445g)
Temperature & Humidity
Operation 0 to 40C
Maximum humidity 80%
Transit/Storage 0̊to 40̊
C maximum humidity 80% (no condensation)
Transmit Mode 1.1A (Nominal),
Power Supply 3.3 V
Wireless communication is often subject to local radio regulations. Although
AirStation wireless networking products havebeen designed for operation in the
license-free 2.4 GHz band, local radio regulations may impose limitations on the
use of wireless communication equipment.
• IEEE 802.11g and IEEE802.11b Standards for Wireless LANs
• Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Host Operating System
Microsoft Windows® 98SE/ME/NT4.0/2000/XP, Unix, Linux and MacOS
Media Access Protocol
Wired - CSMA/CD (Collision Detection)
Wireless - CSMA/CA (Collision Avoidance) with Acknowledgment (ACK)
RF Frequency Band 2.4 GHz (2400-2483 MHz)
11 selectable channels (3 non-overlapping) (USA)
Modulation Technique Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum
Spreading 11-chip Barker Sequence
Bit Error Rate (BER) Better than 10 -5
Nominal Output Power 15 dBm