LANCOM L-54 dual Wireless
Dual- radio dual- band access point with maximum flexibility and redundancy in
WAN and WLAN
- Dual-band access point for 2.4- or 5-GHz operation
- Two integrated 54/108 Mbps wireless modules for simultaneous operations with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/h/i
- Secure wireless LAN through IEEE 802.11i, IEEE 802.1x/EAP, LEPS, with AES encryption in hardware
- Secure Internet access via the integrated DSL router with stateful inspection firewall with intrusion detection/denial-of- service protection
- Separation of user groups by Multi-SSID and VLAN
- No-problems installation even away from power-supply points with redundant Power over Ethernet according to 802.3af over 2 LAN interfaces
- Four dualband diversity antennas; optional connection of external antennas
- Optional: Hotspot support
The LANCOM L-54 dual provides professional access point technology and maximum WLAN performance. With the two integrated 108-Mbps wireless modules that comply with the WLAN standards IEEE 802.11a/h or IEEE 802.11b/g, the LANCOM L- 54 dual offers simultaneous operations in the 2.4-GHz and/or the 5-GHz frequency bands. There is no limit to the range of applications for the LANCOM L-54 dual—be it within infrastructure networks or as a WLAN bridge for network coupling.
The LANCOM L-54 dual Wireless sets standards in security. Along with operational reliability from redundant power supplies and high availability from its two WLAN interfaces, the complete range of security standards required for professional WLAN operations are supported to the full. The range of security standards starts with WPA/802.11i, includes authentication mechanisms such as LEPS and 802.1x/EAP—and it doesn"t stop there. Still more security comes from the supplied management software, which gives the administrator a constant and reliable overview of the network status. This enables further security aspects to be handled, such as rogue AP detection.
LANconfig, WLANmonitor and LANmonitor help to make easy work of installing and servicing the LANCOM L-54 dual, even in large- scale installations.
Unique is the redundant support of the Power- over-LAN standard. The alternative of supplying electrical power via the network cable enables access points to be installed completely independently of the conventional electricity supply and its power points. And because both LAN ports support this technology, the LANCOM L-54 dual Wireless can compensate for the failure of a PoE Injector and stay operational simply by switching to the second unit.
To complete the WLAN portfolio, LANCOM also offers suitable AirLancer client adapters and a large selection of high-end antennas for professional indoor and outdoor applications.