XS708Ev2 // XS708E-200NES
ProSAFE® 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) Switch
What is XS708Ev2?
This is a ProSAFE 8-port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed Switch. It supports
eight 100/1000/10000 Mbps RJ45 ports with one combo port supporting 10 Gigabit
What is a ProSAFE Web Managed Switch?
It's an upgrade from unmanaged switch which can only be Plug-N-Play, and is not
configurable. ProSAFE Web Managed switch gives user the flexibility to configure
What are the key differences between XS708E and XS708Ev2?
XS708E can only be configured using ProSAFE Plus Utility. XS708Ev2 supports both
Plus Utility and Web browser for remote access.
XS708E max power consumption is 58.8W. XS708Ev2 max power consumption is 43.39W
and reduce 26% of max power consumption.
Can XS708Ev2 firmware image be upgraded into XS708E?
No. V1 firmware image is not compatible with V2 firmware image and vice versa.
What are the configurable features of ProSAFE Web Managed Switch?
User can configure Port Mirroring, VLAN, QoS, Rate Limit, IGMP Snooping,
Broadcast Storm Filtering, LAG, loop detection and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient
Does the SFP+ fiber port support 10 Gbps only?
No, it supports both 1G and 10Gbps
What SFP module do you recommend to use for XS708Ev2 SFP+ port?
We recommend the following Netgear SFP modules:
Leading the industry with the 2nd generation of 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus)
Switches, Purposely Designed for SMB with Cost-Effective 10GBASE-T Connectivity
and Basic L2 Management Features
As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR® continues to lead
the networking industry with its 2nd Generation of ProSAFE® 10-Gigabit Web
Managed (Plus) Switch (XS708Ev2), the market’s most cost efficient 10-Gigabit
switch. Built for SMBs, workgroups, and even home offices, the XS708Ev2 provides
8 (eight) 10-Gigabit Copper ports and 1 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ port for 10G
Fiber links, all at an affordable price. The XS708Ev2 is purposely designed as a
cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS
(Network Attached Storage) systems, and to meet current and future needs on
virtualization, converged networking, and mobility.
As part of the ProSAFE Web Managed (Plus) switch product family, the XS708Ev2
comes with configurable L2 network features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP snooping,
port trunking and rate limiting. These features help to further optimize
business network performance, delivering great value and empowering the SMB
network. The XS708Ev2 builds upon the success of the first generation XS708E by
adding an easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI, in addition to plug-and-play
connectivity. The XS708Ev2 can be used at the “center of a small business or
home office network” or as an aggregation/access switchin a larger organization,
connecting to a 10-Gigabit NETGEAR ProSAFE Fully Managed Switch on one end and
extending the 10G connections to the edge. The XS708Ev2 is also ideal for
smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing,
and publishing high-density content like video or animation.
Configurable L2 Networking Features
The XS708Ev2 ProSAFE 10G Web Managed(Plus) Switch provides plug-and-play
connectivity and additional configurable L2
network features including:
• Port-based and 802.1Q-based VLAN support for traffic segmentation
• Port-based and 802.1p/DSACP-based QoS (Quality of Service)for traffic
• Auto “denial-of-service”(DoS)prevention
• IGMP snooping support for multicast optimization
• Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
• Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
• Port mirroring for network monitoring
• Port trunking/link aggregation (LAG) allows for increased throughput beyond
10G or to provide redundancy across the link(s)
• Jumbo frame support
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
10GBASE-T allows a standard RJ45 Ethernet jack and existing Cat 6 or Cat 7
network cables to be used, delivering a 10X increase in network performance with
• 10GBASE-T is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower
speeds, alleviating the need for an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
• Cat 5/Cat 5e supported at 1G s eeds only,up to 100 meters
• Cat 6 twisted pair supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
• Cat 6a or Cat 7 cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
Designed as Core Switch for SMB Network
• 10G connection to 10G-capable server and network storage
• 10-Gigabit fiber link for long-haul connections
• Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth
Act as Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
• 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between the network
edge and the core, caused by the adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
• 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit
Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network
• Up to four 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into two 40-Gbps uplink/downlink
100M/1G/10G Copper Ports
1G/10G SFP+ Ports
1 shared (combo)
Power, Fan,Por Link/Speedo, Activity
2 internal, fixed fan